Buying a home is probably the biggest investment you will make, with long-term financial ramifications. It calls for many informed decisions and for good advice from a real estate professional. When buying a home, you can learn from the knowledge and skill of a Real Estate Agent.
I know the world has changed in the last few years. Your top priority is finding someone who really knows the market you are most interested in. Being your “go to” person is key, as is treating you the way you want to be treated – including how you like to communicate and how you prefer to search for homes.
One thing that has not changed, however, is that as a home buyer, you are not represented unless you have signed an agency agreement. Before you contact me, as you go through your search (please use our site), remember that the listing agent, in almost every case, represents the home seller!
24 Services Ioffer you as a buyer
- Match your needs and wants to affordable properties.
- Show properties from Topeka Area MLS best suited to your requirements, regardless of the listing company.
- Explain lender guidelines and advise you of information required at loan application
- Give you an estimate of your monthly investment and closing costs prior to previewing homes, and a second estimate for the specific home you select
- Furnish a copy of our purchase agreement to familiarize you with the language and items covered
- Describe the escrow process and customary earnest deposits for this area
- Present pertinent information on ownership (taxes, special assessments, utility costs, subdivision bylaws and restrictions, zoning restrictions, municipal services, etc
- Respond honestly and accurately to your questions concerning properties
- Disclose material facts that you should know about properties
- Offer properties without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, handicap or family status
- Suggest ways to make the home you select more livable (minor redecorating or remodeling)
- Promptly assist you in submitting your purchase offer to the Seller.
- Mediate between you and the Seller to achieve a “meeting of the minds.”
- Refer you to a recommended local lender for a financing program to suit your needs and to assist you with your home loan.
- Explain the types of insurance associated with home ownership (hazard, mortgage, flood, mortgage life insurance).
- Provide you with school information.
- Monitor the dates and events that take place during the entire closing transaction period, such as fulfilling lender requirements, performing inspections (mechanical, termite, roof, foundation and radon).
- Accompany you on a final walk-through of your home, if desired.
- Assist you with the phone numbers and information to transfer utilities.
- Provide you with information regarding your special needs (child card, churches, public transportation and recreational programs).
- Prepare an amortization schedule for you.
- Contact you with your Settlement Statement prior to closing.
- Accompany you to your Closing and Settlement appointment.
- Keep in touch with you after your closing to assist you with real estate-related questions and concerns!