Ozawkie

Ozawkie was originall named “Osawkee” and was an Indian Village named in honor of the Chief of the Sak tribe. It was founded by William Dyer, who illegally settled on the land prioro the the Treaty of 1854. In 1964, Ozawkie was relocated to higher land one mile west of the original town, which is now under water where Perry Lake and Dam are located.